The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.



Psalm 126:3



Friday, September 19, 2008

Do you ever Wonder?

Wondering if she has been born,or if her birth mother is near the end of her pregnancy,maybe Maiya just came into the world recently,I wonder.How does her birth mother feel?
What has her birth mother told her,how many tears has she cried.How she has prayed,does she feel peace about giving her child to a place that can care for her?Does she know that she is doing a brave,wonderful thing? Will we pass her on the streets in India? I wonder. I wonder. Does she wonder about her daughter's future life? It is not a worry wonder,but a peaceful if that makes sense.
We ask the lord to watch over "Maiya" and her mother.For the lord to touch her birth mothers heart and to give her peace.What the birthmothers go thru is beyond words.They are doing a brave and unselfish thing.They are showing their love by giving their child a chance and so much more. I can't imagine what it takes,such a sacrifice,just as the lord made a sacrifice for us.
I know some things we will never have answers to,but that is the way it is meant to be.The lord knows exactly how much we need to know.Some things we just can't handle.I am glad there is one who watches over us and our daughter.So I guess some things will just stay in the wondering part of my heart.I will be so glad one day when we don't have to wonder when we will see our precious star,we one day will be holding her. Do you ever wonder? Gidget

4 comments:

Amy said...

I think about Simeon's family a lot. I hurt that he will have no family history but I look forward to telling him that his mother did make an adoption plan for him and loved him very much.

Peter and Nancy said...

I think about Anya Rashi's birth parents a lot. On your legals, you'll see the mother's (and if it's available, the father's) name and city, so you will have a little bit of information for her to research someday. I really hope Anya Rashi wants to explore a little, because I'd love to be able to thank them in person/by letter someday . . . but we will leave that up to her to decide.

The Pfeiffer Family said...

I wonder about all of those things too! I also keep Alesha's birth mother in prayer as I can't image what she has gone through and what all her circumstances are. I also wonder about the birth father. What are his thoughts, has he been involved in the decision process, etc. We are just taking it a day at a time until we finally have Alesha in our arms.

Candice said...

Hey there! Just wanted to let you know your immigration paperwork should go a lot quicker than ours. USCIS lost our home study but didn't notify me. I finally had our caseworker contact them and that's how we found out we needed to send another. Uugh! Keep plugging away! :)

Candice