Yesterday I was feeling a little down for some reasons. I realize now that those reasons were not worth my time of feeling down. It seemed as if all these negative things in my mind were just beating and beating upon me. Now that of course was not from God.
We as children of God have to be on guard everyday and be careful to not let something in that is negative. It can be a simple word,and believe me words are not little they are big. They can destroy and bring death or they can live and bring forth light. Light is greater then darkness. If you have a dark house from a power outage,then one little candle will light it up. We always have to make sure that we have our lights lit daily.
I am bouncing back from this today. I opened my bible to this today and I have had the blessing of God's word talk to me about comfort. If you read in John 14:15-16,it states If ye love me,keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father and he shall give you another Comforter,that he may abide with you forever. The word talks about comfort from Mark 14:15-31. Verse 27 says that-Peace I leave with you,my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth,give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, either let it be afraid. God has not only given us light to shine but he has given us a promise of comfort if we will first love him and keep his commandments.
There are times in our lives where I believe we all can relate to lettings things in,and words,and life in general bring us down. But if we could just bounce back and remember that the instructions for us to have the comforter is to love and do God's will. We will then be full of that comforter which is the Holy Spirit and nothing can put our light out. Don't get me wrong,I am not saying that Life will be perfect,but that comforter will grab a a hold of you and give you strength to stand during your difficult time.
Let me give you a example of difficult times as a true testimony of what the Lord has done for me. Well just let me go a few years further back. In May of 2004,my young full of life mother died unexpectedly of heart disease the day after my sister's baby shower. Then in Aug. of 2007 my young 25 yr old beautiful sister and her 10 month old son got ran over in their own yard by a paving truck. She left behind her husband and 4 year old daughter. I have had to watch my neice go thru this hard time with her daddy. Then just a few months,brother n law lost his mom. Then a couple months later my husband lost his brother who was the same age as my sister in a car accident. Then my mema died on my dad's side,then my uncle. It just kept happening one after the other. I remember telling God that he was gonna have to carry me thru my sister and nephew leaving,this seem to hit me the hardest. During her funeral he did just that and carried me. All I could do was think of how he saved my sister and how grateful I was. Don't get me wrong I was still saddened very deeply but that comfort in me rises above the pain that I not only dealt with then, but everyday of my life.
I don't know what I would have done if I did not have God's comfort living in me and when she died the Lord gave me the verse of Isaiah 57:1-2. I have hope of seeing her one day because of God's great promises. The world didn't give me a promise. Don't miss out on the promises of God they are the most valuable thing in the world. I hope you all enjoy the truest promise of this Easter with your families. Gidget
Cara Menghilangkan Jerawat Batu Dengan Obat Alami
10 years ago
3 comments:
I'm so sorry you had to go through that string of tragedies . . . but I can see that you chose to grow because of them, with God's help. That is priceless.
-- Nancy
What a testimony!!! Thanks for sharing, Gidget!!! It is inspiring to hear how God got you through all of those tough times and continues to get you through the adoption wait right now. Praying you see Maiya's face really soon...
:)Kristi
I am so thankful that we have that comforter and the promise of peace through our journeys. The trials in your life can make you bitter or better and I see where they have made you better. Thanks for sharing Gidget :)
Post a Comment