I thought I would give you a update on the family and our newest little one...Maiya Reela-Gayle!
It has been hot,hot around here.:)I will start with Bailey first!! He is now been playing piano for about 5 weeks and he is doing great and is already playing songs. He got to go to church camp his first year and liked it. He is excited about Holiday World with Shane's company soon and he is excited that school starts back August 11th. He should be learning his first church song soon. He is getting to be a big boy and now he is at a slumber birthday party tonite,a friend of his from church. We are very picky about letting our kids spending time at other people's houses.This time I knew in my heart he could go and be ok.When I say ok,I know what he will be watching will be ok and the games he play will all be "E" games!! He will be 10 in December,oh know double digits!!LOL His hair even matters now! A great big brother he is too:)
I know I can't watch over him like a hawk,but we believe God wants us to lead our kids and like today's society,not let your kids lead you. Enough of my box.:)
Adyn is growing and gettin taller. He will be the big 5 in Sept! He starts 4 yr old preschool this year. I had a choice of either this or kindergarden and the Lord gave us peace with this. So this will be great for him,and kindergarden we will do next year, so he and Bailey will be at school one year together the same school.He is a great big brother and he is now singing so brave and good in the children's choir at church. Adyn and Bailey have had a blast playing out in the rain a few times this summer. He is looking forward to preschool!!
Maiya is growing and she has just blossomed into our family!!:) Some of her favorite things: She loves to brush her teeth!! She loves suckers!! She loves to sit and watch Bedtime with Elmo,she will watch the entire show. She loves for you to sing to her. She likes to bang on the piano and pull all the DVD's and Wii games off the shelf!!She now has really been trying to walk,the most steps she has taking so far is 21!! She just likes to crawl cause she knows she can get to her destination faster!!LOL. Her hair is getting so long and still has beautiful curls, and she has 4 top teeth and two on bottom. She eats everything in sight. There is nothing she don't like,but applesauce. She even goes to her little class nursery at church on Sunday mornings since the same ladies are in there,and I have the instinct in my heart that she is ok.:)She loves her daddy and big brothers and her dogs!!She will let some ladies hold her,but not long maybe 2 seconds. No men holds her,nope no way!! Not even pepa yet. Attachement and bonding is beautiful. There are many times we just sit and look at her and we are amazed all over again every moment with her. She sleeps with us and sleeps soundly all night. She does not like blankets over her. I guess because when it got so hot in the orphanage they didn't use them and so she is use to that.
She loves to laugh and is a happy baby.She loves her cute little cabbage patch Raina,that is name,pretty huh? A pretty Indian name we all like. She pretends to feed her with the little bottle!!
It feels like she has been home way longer then 2 months to me.We went to the doctor yesterday and she gained 2 pounds so now she is up to 18 and she is 29 inches long!! She got 3 shots and did super. Next is the lab work which I dread!! The nurse made up Maiya her own shot schedule and gave it to me,so she will be caught up by the time she is 2 1/2! Our pediatrican is great and so is our nurse!! After the doctor visit,we all went to country cupboard to eat!! Then we all needed a nap!!
School starts back on the 11th for us along with our church campmeeting. The 17th of August our second Homestudy visit with our sweet social worker then after the 21st of August we can file to finalize!! Then only 1 more visit for Dillon. Then we hope to get some family pictures made and some of her by herself and with the boys. I wanna wait until she is walking good so she can walk around outside barefoot in this dress and pose a little for her pictures. Then the company picnic rolls around along with Shane and Adyn's birthday!! BUSY as BEES!! I am in the middle of trying to get her Gotcha Day scrapbook made and trying to get where I got everything transferred so I can work on her movie.
Then God has laid something special on my heart to start up with Shane's support behind me,stay tuned for what God has in store if I feel led to make it known.:)
Thoughts on going back to India for now:
When we were in India,we thought that we did't really care if we went back or not later on to visit. As we have gotten home,we have realized that God has put our hearts there. If the Lord wills for us to go back then we are. For what you might say?,a family vacation,to bring Maiya home a sister,to help the needy and for the gospel,...really we just don't know. We trust when we go back,it will be right and as it gets closer to that time,God will let us know if it is something to do for him,or just a vacation,or to bring another sweet princess home from ISRC. So with that said,we are content and feel so blessed with our children and now it is time to just focus on God and our family of 5, and maybe one day India we will explore again,in a different way with all of our kids. So for now,India is staying near our hearts. The other night Shane at work said he was thinking about India and everything. The entire trip there,and was telling his friends at work that we wanna go back:) Then with the dream I had here recently of us in a village helping out families in need with supplies. So clear,it was hot and I could see the dirt and the huts and the people and what we were doing there. It could be a dream or it could be a vision of something that will come to pass,you never know. So why not take it with faith and just let God be God. If it happens,great we had faith of a mustard seed that this could mean something,and if it don't happen,it was still a beautiful thing and our hearts will always have India near.
If will be still and know that God is God he will speak to us if we desire to hear from him.
Praise the Lord from whom all blessings flow,praise him in the morning,praise him in the noon time,praise him in the evening,all the day long!
Have a great week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment