The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.



Psalm 126:3



Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The dreadful lab day!

Well today is a day that I was dreading yet ready to get it over with! Maiya got her blood work done today and her x-ray done. Just typical normal checkup routine stuff.
I tackled it by myself with the boys big help. Bailey packed the loaded diaper bag equipped with even baby Raina, suckers, puffs, juice, the whole works. Adyn packed the folder with Maiya's paperwork. Shane called as we were on the way and I told him to say a little prayer for sweetie.
Maiya figured out before the nurse got the turnakit on what was going on. The nurse got it on the first stick thank goodness :) and Praise the Lord for that, and then had to fill up half way about 4-5 tubes! After it was over I quickly embraced my sweet brown sugar. Then she got a couple of tinkerbell stickers and a yummy orange sucker!! I was so upset seeing her go thru that lab stuff,but knowing it was to help her,helped just a tinsy bit.
Then off to x-ray and well she hated that as much as the bloodwork,but the tech did great and she quickly got a blue sucker for Maiya Reela. Then off to Subway we went,and we all needed that and Maiya ate a whole kid sandwhich. Glad that is done and gone!! Now she is sleeping in her king size bed,LOL.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Gidget, I'm so glad the dreaded lab day is over with! What helpful, sweet boys you have. Maiya is looking so cute in her pictures, with her little chubby cheeks and happy smile :) You have a wonderful family and I so enjoy following along in your adventures!

Emily
Waiting for Asha Moni :)

Peter and Nancy said...

I just read your update in your last blog entry -- sounds like everyone is doing wonderfully! I love all the pictures, too. :o)

I'm glad the lab day is OVER! It's good that you waited a few weeks before you did it, I think. And those suckers sure helped, too, it sounds like!
Nancy