Well Reela has legally changed to Maiya Reela-Gayle Fenwick!! We are now as her parents just as we are to the boys!! Another blessing in life has happened and we are so happy. Thank you Lord.
We actually had a hearing with us and the lawyers. It was so nice,and that it was only us in the room. The boys had a front row seat,Shane and I and Maiya got to set right by the lawyers,Richard and Maiya's gaurdian litam. First the judge talked to the boys and made them comfortable which I liked. She spoke to them and asked them about school and all. Then she handed them some gifts from her,A certificate to go eat and a YMCA free pass and then gave them each a sweet bird...Mr. Beek. She also gave Maiya a little beenie dog named "Spunkie",boy did that name fit this morning for her. She was ready to go today!! When we first got to the court house,she was walking all over the place,clapping and laughing! Everyone loved her pink and gold Indian outfit!! The pants where a little big,but it worked!!:)
We raised our right hand together and the questions came from both lawyers!! Informational type. When the judge finally made the statement after about 20 minutes,I could have cried,but I didn't just looking at her and Shane and hearing those words from the judge gave me great joy. Hearing her legal name...WOW. Finally,we can breather a little easier,and also a little sad that the adoption journey is over,but then again it is just the beginning of more great things to come for us all as the Fenwick Five. Next we took some pictures and that was it. As we left the lawyer said he would like a copy of one of the pictures with us and him,and then he pat me on the back and told us all to take care. I thought that was so sweet. It was sincere,I knew it. They said they don't get to do these kinda good things often enough. It was a blessing to all. Even the sheriff's were smiling.
Then we took some pictures outside the courthouse and headed to Country cupboard to eat.It was s uch a bright pretty day today!! Maiya konked out on the way home. This was a big day for us all. Shane had to go to work,but I am gonna stay up and wait for him tonight,I still can't believe it!! YIPPE!! Now we apply for her ss card and proof of citizenship!!
6 comments:
YEA!!! Congratulations on this BIG MILESTONE!!! Can't believe she has been home 6 months already! Time is flying way more than when we were waiting to get them!!! :) Jenny
Congratulations! So nice to have this complete. I am glad your whole family was able to be together for this big day.
Julie
Congratulations on completing this big step! What a great family day to remember. Maiya is getting so big. You all look great!
April :-)
What a sweet judge, to have presents for the kids! Our judge told us that adoptions are the very best part of her job. (And we looked at the court docket posted outside the courtroom -- it was all divorces and child custody cases, except for ours.)
It is so great to have her offically part of your family -- and your post made me think of "and I will give you a new name." :o)
Nancy
Wooohoooooo!! I can't believe you all have made it to the end of the adoption rigamarole! Congratulations and huge hugs coming your way! Maiya looks so happy and sweet. Seeing her gives me hope for being able to go and get Asha. Thank you for your kind, encouraging words Gidget. Let's talk again soon, I could use some reminders of how wonderful it is to be united as a family :)
So happy for you. We're still waiting on our home study agency to finish their last report so we can finalize.
Post a Comment