The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.



Psalm 126:3



Saturday, May 7, 2011

Reflections...

As I sit here tonight, while all the house is sleeping and drinking my hot green tea. Not a sound but the sound of my sniffling,as I feel the tears of sadness roll down my cheeks. I feel even joy,thankfulness and more.
I think back to my mom who has been gone since 2003,my sister and nephew since 2007. May lately has been such a hard time for me. May 18th is when my mom died,on my sisters wedding anniversery. May 19th my sisters birthday, and mothers day every year.
My heart misses my mom.I miss her smile and laugh! I miss seeing that banana clip in her hair. I miss shopping trips. I just miss it all. HER,my one and only mom. I miss my sister as I know Lexie's heart aches for her as I ache for my mom. But Lexie lost hers at 4,me lost mine when I was 25. My sister was a wonderful mom who was so beautiful, loving, and so kind. She loved the Lord and that is what made her even more beautiful. Lexie,I know will always remmeber her. I ran across some poems tonight that I have written. They bring back such vivid wonderful times.
The other part of my heart is so ever joyful as I ran across a observation of Maiya from a family right after we got our referral. Tears of sadness then became tears of joy as I felt so blessed to be the mama that God chose for Maiya. To be the mama of two wonderful sweet boys,just to be a mama. Sometimes I don't do it all just right,but I hope I can always be the best that I can be...unto the Lord,my husband and three wonderful children. Being a mother is such a blessing. I hope all you mothers feel blessed somehow or someway this mother's day weekend. I am so thankful that God can and does turn mourning into dancing.
This mothers day, I will choose dancing. Dancing for all my blessings,my family,health,friends.. and so thankful to have had a wonderful mom,sister and so much more in my life thus far. And I never told anyone,but down in the deep of my heart,I always hoped that Maiya's birthday might be in May,well look what God has done..May brings joy of Maiya Reela's birthday ...May 15th!

2 comments:

The Pfeiffer Family said...

Oh, Gidget, I am so sorry for your losses. Such deep losses becomes even more difficult when holidays come around. I am encouraged to know that instead of you turning from God amidst your losses you have pressed into Him. You are a testimony to many! I am so thankful that God has brought Maiya into your lives in May to bring some joy to the difficult days and memories that the month of May brings to your family. How wonderful that God answered your silent prayer that Maiya would have a May birthday and that her Gotcha day is the same month!

I remember last year around this time we were wondering if we were going to be in India for Mother's Day and here we are nearly a year later with our girls home. What blessings God has given us.

Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day!

April :-)

Peter and Nancy said...

On Sunday, as many things in our church service celebrated mothers, I was wondering how people with losses felt hearing it all. I was thinking of women struggling through infertility or miscarriages, and of people who have lost their moms. How you must miss your mom. I'm sure she was so proud of your generous, loving heart -- and I bet she's smiling with the knowledge that God gave you Maiya, with a May birthday as the icing on the cake.

God's blessings on you as you carry on your mom's legacy with your own children.
Nancy