The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.



Psalm 126:3



Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Do you really want to know?

Do you really want to know? Well I called immigration yesterday and they said they are running about 60 days processing time.They told me we should hear from them next month.So that could be a wonderful new years present.Of course I feel like a referral could come with that.But that is out of my control.
After emailing Tami today about a time frame,I now am not so excited.That is a good thing because I don't want to get my hopes up of something happening the first of the year then be dissappointed.I am just gonna expect the longer wait and trust in god for the perfect time and perfect plan.She told us to expect a long wait, and it helps with the waiting game.She said it could be 2,6,or 8 months,and that there is no way of knowing.Tami said even if they get a batch in at the first of the year there is no way she knows if one could be a possible match for us.So that is the update.I know not very uplifitng,but we all know who is in control of this plan,GOD.So we still just WAIT and PRAY,and long for the day when Maiya joins her new family.Gidget
Maggie,I finally found Maiya a cabbage patch off of ebay.I will post a picture when I get it.I want to see yours too. I am really hoping you get your referral soon.But we have got to travel together.I am anxious to see what happens next month.

9 comments:

ColleenC said...

Hoping those referrals and immig approval come soon for you all (would love to be able to snuggle your sweet one when we get to travel someday- although at this point with our case slowing down, you may be traveling with us!) Hope you have a happy and peaceful holiday!

Oh and we have a CB doll for all 3 kis- had to seek out their names of course (and I have one with my name too!)

Amy said...

Gidget, you are right. God's perfect timing is key! Your baby girl may still be in the womb right now. How exciting to think about it! Praying you get that good news sooner rather than later :).

Kristi W. said...

Hang in there, Gidget. I remember always feeling a little deflated after hearing the expected time frames. You are so right though, God has it all under His control. Maiya can't come too early or too late otherwise she wouldn't be your Maiya. At least you know that it's around the corner. Sounds like this is the last Christmas you'll spend without your baby girl!
:) Kristi

Julie & Patrick said...

This kind of waiting is like a Christmas that has no permanent place on the calendar, but the good news is a referral IS coming! I know it must be hard to not know the actual date, or even month, but try to find some comfort in knowing that you are so well on your way! Your girl is probably conceived and growing! How wonderful is that? :)

Julie R

Peter and Nancy said...

Aargh. You are in the toughest part . . . waiting with no certain end date. I'm so glad that you know God has your daughter chosen already -- that was the thing that got us through the wait.
-- Nancy

The Pfeiffer Family said...

I am right there with you on this one. God is in control and there is nothing we can do, but wait and rest in HIS perfect timing. I pray for out little Alesha that whereever she is (in the womb, just born, etc) that she will remain safe and healthy until we can have her in our arms. Praying the same for your little Maiya.

April :-)

Seneca said...

Gidget,
You and I are on the same wave length right now. It's hard not to worry right now. I just try to picture a baby girl laying in a crib and sleeping, or being fed or quite possibly just being carried to the orphanage all wrapped up like a gift! I know I may sound weird? Maiya is waiting for you just as you are for her. I know this time next year you will be scratching your head wondering where all the time went and chasing Maiya around the house. A great image to picture,lol!
Seneca

Seneca said...

Gidget,
I am hopin you get that letter soon! April is also still looking for it in the mail. We all have a wait ahead of us though. I am grateful to get the pick me even still! I needed that. Hope to hear from you.

theheartofachild said...

A great verse for the wait from Habakkuk 2:2-3

The LORD's Answer
Then the LORD replied:
"Write down the revelation
and make it plain on tablets
so that a herald may run with it.
3 For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
it speaks of the end
and will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it;
it will certainly come and will not delay.