Well it has been one week since my last post! Things have sure been busy as we have been walking day by day thru this ICE STORM! It all started Monday night with a little rain,then dropping temps,freezing rain,ICE,ICE,then snow and ICE.I woke up about 5 a.m. Tuesday morning with NO POWER.I thought well just a few hours and we will have it.So then hours turned to days.NO POWER in our TOWN.Only one gas station open,no grocery stores open.The lines to get gas and kerosoene were hours long.
We have made trips out of town everyday just for : gas,grocerys,banking,kerosene,generators,trips to other houses to check on people,we even rescued my mother n law and her granny.Our house has been freezing cold,no hot water,plug this up,plug that up,unplug this!!!! NO COMPUTER,NOT EVEN CELL PHONE SIGNALS.Our entire town has been BLACK!!!! Some people we know have even left the state!
After all this this week,after 4 days of running from one place to another from dusk till dawn,we finally have got everything we need for now,I still can't wash clothes but I can make it to a laundry mat soon.Power is being worked on 24/7 around here.Our Walmart is finally open and we now have 2 gas stations.
This has definately been a test of faith,patience,persistance,love and so much more.I am reminded even more of the little blessings that we have in our world. The lord has protected us as we have traveled,provided what we need and we still can smile.So I am grateful.Some moments I thought this is so hard,but even in the midst of this ICE STORM,I still felt blessed.We even took some video footage a couple days ago.I wish we would have thought to record this storm earlier.I might post what we have if I can get to it. Did anyone see this on the news? Good Morning America was even at one of our stores here in town.Well it looks like the sun is shining today,and I am so glad.It is such a blessing to even see the sun shine and to feel the warmth of the sun. As my boys said,This ICE was awesome! I say it was a storm alright,and just happy that we can sit home today and be LAZY after all our hard work.
Have a great weekend,I just might go ice skating on our driveway today!!! LOL.
Cara Menghilangkan Jerawat Batu Dengan Obat Alami
10 years ago
3 comments:
WOW!! My boys would have loved the ice storm!! They are so funny, they always want to lose power for days...this has never happened so they don't know what they are asking for...ha ha. I am happy you are safe and survived the storm. That is great you were able to help others too during this difficult time. Enjoy your ice skating :-)
April
I'm glad you're okay, and staying warm . . . or at least warm enough! Just reading about it makes me appreciate things like electricity and furnaces. Hope you thaw out soon!
-- Nancy
Wow - that sounds like an adventure. To me, that is "roughing" it as they say. Glad you are all safe.
Post a Comment