The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.



Psalm 126:3



Wednesday, March 11, 2009

You're just my cup of tea...







So now it is time to reveal what my friend Tammy had planned for Suprise Day. First I have never had a suprise like this.First we met at our son's school then off to get a pedicure at the mall,it is the best in town! Then we get our cute paper thin flip flops on,her flops were purple and mine were aqua. Then we drive to go somewhere else,I had no idea where we were going.I just knew we had to be there at eleven 'o' clock. It was on the outskirts of town. I was thinking where are we going to someones house? Well it was this cute little house called the "Cranberry Cottage House",a tea house for women and girls mostly. It was so cozy and each little room was decorated different with tea pots,dolls,victorian decor with candles and beautiful flower arrangements. We sit down and order our lunch and tea and chat a while. Then she excuses herself to go to the restroom. So I am sitting there just relaxing and she walks back in with a pretty pink and brown gift basket for Maiya and Maiya's first tea set! She said "Happy Birthday and I love you." I start crying and by this time I am so overwhelmed, happy and feeling so blessed to have such a wonderful friend. The basket had this cute pink rabbit in it that sings Jesus loves me and some cute onesies and pants,then the most softest blanket with her name on it. The tea set is just adorable and what makes it even more special was that we were at a tea house. The food was fantastic and so was the strawberry cheesecake, and hot tea. This is a special day that I will never forget and in eleven more days I will be 31. I needed this unwinding day,I cannot even describe in words what I feel,but I am feeling blessed not just because of this day but because I have a special friend to share life with. As Tammy said today,sometimes in life we forget to just enjoy the little things.Thank you God for the little things in life.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, what a special friend you have. It sounds like a wonderful girly day :)You deserve it!

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

How wonderful!!! Tammy sounds like a great friend. A treasured blessing!! So glad you were able to have that special time!!

Julie & Patrick said...

What a fun surprise. A great memory to share with your daughter someday too.

Julie R

Peter and Nancy said...

You must have felt like a queen! How sweet and thoughtful your friend is . . . this will be a fun story to share when you play tea party with Maiya.
-- Nancy

Cindy said...

Ain't best friends GRAND?