The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.



Psalm 126:3



Saturday, January 30, 2010

When Strength & Mercy finds me...







Today we are pretty much snowed in...well atleast until Shane gets home. Since I trust his driving in this snow more then mine. HAHA. This morning as I was reflecting and praying it came to me on how beautiful the Lord is and how amazing are his ways.
Sometimes days go by and I do neglect the ways in which God wants me to handle things and sometimes I know I don't live each day to the fullest potential that God has given me. I think I speak for a number of us. But all things are possible with God and his strength. When I am weak,he makes me strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9 says, "My grace is sufficent for you,for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Do you notice that it says the word My in capitol letters? This is where God was talking about His strength,not mine,not yours.
Then I find it so great that when I wake up each morning,God gives me a chance again to grab a hold of him because the word says that his mercy is new each morning. It is up to us to come to him and find that mercy,that strength to get thru life, and trials, and waiting, and I could go on and on.
A time where I thought I was at the end of my rope was when I lost my sister and nephew...but I turned to God and his strength came to me when I was weak and I pulled up on that rope and found his mercy and strength. When I say I found Mercy... I did because after that trial I was in the dumps for a long time then he had enough Mercy to forgive me for neglecting our relationship at times.He gave me strength to get out of that pit of sorrow that had overtaken my life. I remember one morning I was lying in bed and the grief had overtaken me and I didn't even have the desire to get out of my bed and I just lay there crying and finally I just cried out to Jesus and asked him to help me and give me strength because I did not even have it in me to get out of bed and go thru the day. Then in less then 5 mintues a friend of mine who went to my church called me as said.."Hey Gidget,I was driving down the road and God put you on my mind and I started praying for you." She went on to encourage me with some words from the Lord and asked me if I was ok and that she was always here for me." That is just one time and there are many others. So remember God will hear you when you call for help. Even a couple days ago, I was driving to town and I was just thinking of how much I love Maiya and want her home.
I pray that whoever read this post can find God's strength in your trial or trouble or mountain,whatever it may be. And that you find his mercy new each and every day of your life.
I am really finding his strength during this wait to bring home our precious daughter Maiya.
I find peace that he knew Maiya when she was in her mother's womb and while she is in our hearts everyday. God is in control in this wait and he sees the better plan.I still hope for a quick court process.
Please pray that NOC comes this week for us and for April. Don't forget Laura and Liberty's court process too.
Thanks be to the Lord for our blessings that surround us everyday. Have a blessed day to you all.

3 comments:

Kristi W. said...

Hang in there Gidget! You are on the home stretch! This part of the wait was the hardest for me with Daya's adoption. I remember many days like you described where I just didn't even want to get out of bed. I would cry every morning on my way to work. But God is faithful and I know you will come out of this with a deeper and stronger relationship with Him. You will have an amazing testimony that will encourage others, not to mention that beautiful baby girl finally in your arms. I'm thinking about you and praying for you...

:)Kristi

The Pfeiffer Family said...

These are great words of truth and encouragement. I am SO thankful that God never leaves us. We just need to cry out to Him and He is right there to help us through whatever situation we are going through.

I am praying for our NOC's to go through and for speedy guardianship for Libery and Laura. God knows we want our babies home and in our arms. We must trust in His timing.

April :-)

theheartofachild said...

Praying for you Gidget. What a beautiful little girl you have. It is hard, but I know that SOON the wait will be over for both of us. I have butterflies of anticipation and excitement...we have both almost made it!!!!
Jenny:-)