The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.



Psalm 126:3



Wednesday, May 26, 2010

After 14 1/2 hours...we land in INDIA!!








Well we finally could breathe after being crunched up on a plane. I was actually relieved to smell the spicy,dusky,humid air of India.Just knowing we were in the same country as our daughter made us glad. We were already missing the boys. We met our driver at the airport from the Radisson which was about 4 miles from the airport. It was such a eye opener to ride in the nice a/c car as he zig zagged his way thru the traffic. We thought we were gonna wreck several times! It was so weird as they had to security check us and the vehicle for bombs,just not what we were used to in the bluegrass state of KY! We only stayed at the hotel long enough to take showers,rest what we could, and gather our thoughts. We ate some really good gourmet chocolates!! By this time, my sinuses were going wacko. My ears were also stopped up. I was always like HUH? WHAT?. So it was already early saturday morning and getting Maiya was just hours away. We laid there with our eyes closed but never slept. But we felt great,LOL.
So we flew to KOLKATA and we sure got some stares at this airport!:) Then we met our driver PJ who took us to the Kenilworth. He told us lots of India history. The people we met seem to be so content and then I saw the sign...Welcome to Kolkata ...THE CITY OF JOY!!. Traffic was bumper to bumper!! Even though we seen lots of poverty we seen lots of GOOD. Contentment. Beautiful people and color. Hard dedicated workers.
We finally got to the Kenilworth,we liked it here!! We were expecting for Anju to bring Maiya to us and then we get a suprise,we get to go to the orphanage.
So we go in two hours,we are so excited by now. Then we make a few calls and start to get it all ready. We are here on Purna Das Road,then we see the building walk up and we are greeted by some guards. We go to the office to talk with the director all about our princess and then she gave us this darling scrapbook.:) So we head to the room and there she is sitting all pretty in her dress in her crib.Hair fixed and all, a princess for sure, a true Indian princess.
As she seen us she looked at me then Shane and her eyes were big as flashlights. I walk over smiling from ear to ear and Shane is taping. I pick her up and start to whisper things to her and then she is listening and breaks a smile. It was like she knew who we were but a little scared cause she is thinking that her dreams of us are now real. Then she starts to cry and of course it was nap time. Then I look back and Shane is crying as he is watching us meet Maiya in reality,not just a dream anymore,a dream come true!!
Then she lays eyes on her daddy and Shane comes to meet her. I recall a dream that I had a while back about her special GOTCHA DAY and it happened just like I dreamed. WOW! Thanks be to the LORD! We got to see the other babies as well. So it was finally time to say goodbye and so we did. Bittersweet. Off for the visa picture and more to come after she awakes from her peaceful nap at the hotel...

6 comments:

Amy said...

She is so beautiful Gidget! I am so glad you had a wonderful trip. I am getting a great "fix" reading about everything. You are going to push me to get started on paperwork for baby #2 ;)

Amy

Julie & Patrick said...

It is so good to see pictures of you together and read another installment of your journey. Don't you just love to watch them sleep? Pure joy.

Julie R

Sara said...

She is such a doll! So glad to see pics of her in your arms!!

Peter and Nancy said...

I know this all happened days ago, but hear I am reading through tears as though it just happened today! She is just beautiful, and so is your great big smile. I also loved how you viewed Kolkata -- seeing beyond the poverty to also take in the beauty of it.
Nancy

The Labontes said...

She is gorgeous, and looks just perfect with the two of you. I didn't realize her hair was so curly! Can't wait to read the next installment!
Kristy

Candice said...

So glad that you are all home safely and together at last! Hope the adjustments go smoothly! Can't wait to see more pics of the whole family! :)

Candice