The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.



Psalm 126:3



Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May

It is the beginning of May and this morning I realized that quite a few emotions are already hitting me. I went out to the cemetary where my mom,sister and nephew are buried,just to see if there were any summer flowers out and to kinda see if anything needed cleaning up. As I was there,sorrow flooded my soul as I cleaned out some weeds and things that needed to be removed. This is the month that my mom passed away 7 years ago and of my sisters birthday. Then I headed to my friend Tammy's house who is a close family friend of my dad and all of us. She just had her baby last week and he is so sweet,and her birthday is the same day as Maiya's May 15th. I had to pick up a couple dresses that her mom brought for Maiya.Those little sun dresses brought a smile and joy to me this morning. That's right May has been such a sorrowful month for all of us,...but now God has turned that into JOY and Maiya's birthday is in May.While we were on the wait list,I always hoped Maiya's birthday would be in May the month of my sisters,and well I never told anyone,and well that's the way it happened. I think it is so great how God works wonders in the smallest of details!
And then I started to think that mother's day is this week and how I miss my mom,how Lexie will be missing Christy. How I am blessed to be able to be with my boys, and then again that little Maiya is waiting for me. I wonder what Maiya's birthmom is feeling,who knows they may not even acknowledge that in India,but that doesn't matter,I acknowledge Maiya's birthmom in my heart.
I was hoping to get Maiya on her birthday,but now I don't know. We hope to hear good news tomorrow morning.
Adyn got his little table and chairs put together this morning,so cute. There are four little chairs just for Bailey,Adyn,Maiya and my neice Lexie! They should have some awesome tea parties! Shane and I have decided that during this passport wait,we shall take it out on the yard and get the landscaping project moving! It is moving alright,we started trimming and pulling up stuff this morning.
Off to my daily motherly duties...stay tuned for news.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Gidget! Those curls! Maiya has grown so much. What a blessing to have new photos of her development. I am continuing to hold your family in my heart. This is a hard time, but you have so much faith and strength. Feel free to call if you need to vent! Emily :)

Peter and Nancy said...

I'm sorry that this month holds such difficult memories for you. I just love how God is in the details of giving you your daughter in May, and giving her a May birthday too. Makes me think of the verse about Him turning our sorrows to joy . . .
Hugs,
Nancy